Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Choolwe

As I was sitting on the porch playing cards with some of the girls, out of the corner of my eye I see Choolwe doing something at the gate, so I decided to fixate my eyes for just a moment. I watched him for a minute struggle to get into the gate and the next thing I knew he was holding a dog that clearly did not want anything to do with him. The dog was squirming out of his hands, but determined as he is, Choolwe didn’t give up and pinned the dog down against his will, shielding himself from the dog snapping and biting at him. Finally after a few minutes of this he gave up and let the dog run away from under the gate. After watching this scene play out, he walked past casually and I asked him what he was doing to that dog, and he just gave me a little smirk while the girls replied, “He likes to play with dogs.”

1 comment: